Simple, quick, delicious! Need I say more?
This is a great recipe for any time of the year. I find it particularly handy especially on hectic days, when I have used up all the cooking time I had on other things like Facebook! 🙂
All you need is:
400 grams of petit pois or garden peas (frozen or fresh)
2 large cloves of garlic, finely grated
2 teaspoons of olive oil
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon of black pepper, ground fine
Yes, really, that’s it.
- If using frozen peas, microwave them for 4-5 minutes.
- In a sauté pan heat the olive oil and add the grated garlic. Swirl for a few minutes until the oil is fragrant with the garlic.
- Add the peas and sauté for 5 minutes. (If you are using fresh peas, cook them until they are well done.)
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whizz in blender until smooth and velvety.
- Serve hot.
- For a thinner soup, add some hot water at stage 5 until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Garnish with croutons or some grated cheddar. I have drizzled some single cream to make it a bit richer.